Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Oliver Brown Style Files: Kristian Ferner Robson
With Ascot upon us, it is fitting that this month’s style files turn to Oliver Brown’s proprietor, Kristian Robson, to find out more about the personality behind the brand’s style and success.
1. What is your first fashion memory? I remember working in my family’s clothing store at a young age and being strongly influenced by how my uncle worked with customers.
2. What is the most stylish item you own? An Oliver Brown bespoke suit made by our head-tailor Juan Carlos. Perhaps I’m a bit biased, but I think our bespoke clothing is the most stylish available today.
3. And your most valuable item? My father’s silk top hat. Besides the fact that it’s a very fine hat, the sentimental value is enormous.
4. What is the one look you wish you could pull off? A seersucker suit. I wear linen quite a lot in the summer, but I’ve never tried seersucker. Maybe an idea for our summer ’19 collection.
5. What is the one item that nobody should wear? Poorly fitting morning dress. I always, for instance, advise people to wear braces to avoid a gap between trousers and waistcoat. It’s a different style of dress than what we wear day-to-day now, and you have to wear your trousers a bit higher to avoid a gap that shows your shirt.
7. Who would you say is the most stylish man to ever have lived? My uncle Christian Robson (not to be confused with me!). He always looked effortlessly stylish.
8. What is the one item you can’t live without? A watch—I don’t particularly collect them, but I’d be lost without one.
9. What do you like best about your job? I never grow tired of selling and working with customers. It’s the most crucial, and for me enjoyable, part of the trade.
10. How do you feel about the industry? It's an exciting time to be a part of the bespoke world.
11. If you weren’t in a fashion industry, what would you be doing? If I weren’t in fashion, I would want to be involved in some aspect of horse racing. I’ve always enjoyed every aspect of the sport.