We asked the Oliver Brown team a series of questions to get to know them better. Discover more about our General Manager, Richard Fuller.
Meet Mr Richard Fuller. Richard has been heading the Oliver Brown Retail teams for the past 6 years, and is a true aficionado on men's tailoring and event dressing, with a long standing career dressing discerning gentlemen.
Richard has always been passionate about men's tailoring and has loved dressing up for as long as he can remember. “When I would be clubbing in my teens, my friend’s style was very much indie/gothic, whereas I would dress in a 3-piece mohair suit”.
Richard is just as passionate about his beloved hi-fi as he is about suits. “I used to work for Roksan and have a high-end system. I have quite an eclectic taste in music, I love vinyl, CD’s and I even have a collection of analogue tapes. I also love the theatre and have a passion for reading.”
1. What are the 3 key pieces that every gentleman should have in his wardrobe?
A beautifully tailored bespoke suit, handmade shoes and a Covert Coat
2. Who is your style icon?
3. Your favourite cloth?
Navy Fresco 14oz
4. If you could dress anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Patrick Mcnee, a style icon of mine
5. If you were not in men’s tailoring, what would you be?
Probably a Diplomat, or a recruiter, I love people!
6. What’s your style philosophy?
Subtle, understated flamboyance
7. Favourite Oliver Brown memory?
Our record turnover during Royal Ascot 2019
8. Favourite cologne
Czech and Speake No 88
9. A song/music that describes Oliver Brown?
Rumours by Fleetwood Mac – timeless style
10. Your favourite spot for a cocktail in London?
The Roof Bar at the Sloane Club
11. What are your favourite Oliver Brown garments?